Marriott Hotels in Thailand had a range of special promotions that we already covered frequently and now a new one has appeared where one owner group (Erawan Group) rolled out a “Buy 2 Get 1 Free” campaign for their own property portfolio.
There are some sweet spots in this promotion such as staying at the comparatively low priced Courtyard Bangkok and later use the free night voucher for The Naka Island Phuket.
The Erawan Group Marriott brand portfolio includes the following hotels:
- Courtyard Bangkok
- JW Marriott Bangkok
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort
- The Naka Island Resort
These properties have advertised through their social media channels a promotion that is exclusive to the hotels that have the same owner (Erawan Group) and these rates are pretty much all targeted to the Thai domestic market.
Customers who book two nights under an eligible rate code will receive the free night voucher for one of the other properties.
This would be the rate package for JW Marriott Bangkok:
Download (PDF, 1.38MB)
The rates are a bit higher but the package is pretty comprehensive in what it all includes and is even available online:
The detailed rate rules say:
Offers and Conditions:
- – Guaranteed Early Check in at 9 am and late check out at 6 pm.
- – Breakfast in bed for 2 persons.
- – Complimentary welcome bottle of Sparkling wine served in your room.
- – 50 percent discount on A La Carte Menus at Tsu Japanese
- Restaurant,Man Ho Chinese Restaurant and Nami Teppanyaki Steakhouse. Alcoholic beverages not included.
- – 50 percent discount on Full list price buffets at JW Cafe. Alcoholic beverages not included.
- – 25 percent discount on A La Carte Food Menu at New York Steakhouse. Alcoholic beverages not included.
- – One-day BTS pass for 2 persons per day.
- – One-hour spa treatment for 2 persons per day.
- – This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other
- promotions, discounts or vouchers. However promotion can be combined with the Rao Tiew Duay Gun campaign.
- – Stay two nights and get voucher for a free night at either
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok OR Renaissance Resort and Spa Koh
Samui OR Naka Island – A Luxury Collection Hotel,Phuket.
- – This promotion is valid until 30 December 2020.
The sweet spot for using these vouchers is obviously the Renaissance Koh Samui and especially The Naka Island Luxury Collection in Phuket (Boat Transfer Required).
Now the rates here at the JW Marriott Bangkok are pretty high, despite all the inclusions you still have to pay close to 6000 Baht per night after tax.
A friend of mine made the choice to rather book two nights at the courtyard Bangkok under a “Stay for Breakfast Rate” at 2500 Baht++ and did receive the voucher upon checkin:
It makes very little sense to use this voucher for the 50% F&B discount at JW Marriott which you can get almost any day via Eatigo so definitely the best use is to apply it for a free room at one of the listed hotels.
For the Courtyard I would contact them and ask specifically for this promotion because none of the online rates has this voucher benefit listed in the rate description.
All hotels in Bangkok and Thailand overall are in competition mode right now trying to catch as many local customers as possible and putting together attractive deals in their quest to break even with their operations.
The best hotel deals in Thailand over the last few months have been advertised on social media (Facebook, Instagram) so it’s definitely worthwhile to follow the hotel accounts.
It’s important to see these package deals for what they are: A decent deal but in the end you still pay for the primary package so I’d do the math if all these inclusions really make a lot of sense for you before considering a purchase. The packages all cost a certain amount of money extra than just a basic room reservation at the lowest cost (~$25-$30 extra per day). Mind you for one single free night it’s hardly worth to fly all the way to Phuket or Samui so you either need more vouchers or add additional paid nights at the property where you redeem.