Etihad Guest is offering a promotion for transferring hotel points into Etihad miles and earning a 20% bonus in the process of it.
The campaign is available for select hotel partners and transfers have to be initiated until the end of October in order to secure the bonus points.
Etihad Guest miles don’t have the greatest value so before pulling the trigger on this I suggest to examine their award charts carefully and the make up your mind after that.
You can access this offer on Etihad’s website here.
These are the partners available for transferring hotel points and earning the 20% bonus:
You can skip over to the partners directly and initiate the transfer there:
- Le Club AccorHotels (access here)
- Hilton Honors (access here)
- IHG Rewards Club (access here)
- World of Hyatt (access here)
- Radisson Rewards (access here)
- Shangri-La (access here)
- Marriott Bonvoy (access here)
The most profitable would probably be a 60,000 points transfer from Marriott Bonvoy which transfers into 25,000 miles plus the 20% so all in you’d end up with 30,000 Etihad Guest miles.
If this really represents substantial value obviously depends on the use of those miles once credited and I can just emphasize again on having a look at Etihad’s redemption opportunities to carefully weigh out if such a transfer is actually worth it.
Etihad Guest wouldn’t be my first choice when picking a program to to transfer my hotel points to but they have some program partners with very reasonable redemption rates such as Virgin Australia and their longer routes in Down Under that offer lie flat seats.
These are the Terms & Conditions for the promotion:
Offer date: 01st October to 31st October 2019 (inclusive)
- The offer is valid for all Points to Miles transfers made between 1 October and 31 October 2019 both days inclusive.
- All participating points transfer partners: Accor Hotels, Al Hilal Bank, Club Carlson(Rezidor), Emirates Islamic Bank, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, IHG, Joyalukkas, NBAD Stars, National Commercial Bank, Shangri-La, Etisalat Smiles, Commercial Bank of Dubai, MasterCard Partners, ADCB TouchPoints , Marriott and Emirates NBD
- Once the Miles transfer request in initiated it cannot be reversed.
- This offer is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Etihad Guest Programme.
- A valid Etihad Guest membership number is required to successfully perform the transfer.
- The Etihad Guest member will be responsible for quoting the correct Etihad Guest membership number to the participating transfer partners for the transfer activity.
- Terms and conditions governing the existing transfer partners will apply.
- The promotion is applicable for any member who converts their points from a qualifying Partner loyalty programme to Etihad Guest Miles. The eligibility of the bonus miles for a specific member will be done based on the validity of the promotion and the date of transfer provided by the partner for that respective member.
- Base Etihad Guest Miles converted by the member will be awarded as per the applicable transfer ratios of each respective partner
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will reflect in the member’s Etihad Guest membership account within 15 days of the end date of the promotion
- If an Etihad Guest member holds credit cards and/or Hotel loyalty programme cards of different banks and hotels and converts the rewards points to Etihad Guest Miles under this promotion, then the number of Bonus Guest Miles he/she will earn will reflect separately in the members account for each partner
- The above promotion construct is valid only for the all Points Transfer Partners which fall under the Points Transfer programme and governed by the transfer ratios and minimum thresholds applicable for these respective partners.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will not be calculated on retroactive basis under any circumstances i.e. credit card/ hotel reward points converted to Etihad Guest Miles and posted into the membership account during the promotion period but for which the transfer request was placed outside the promotion period will not qualify for the bonus miles promotion.
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the promotion or modify or alter the terms and conditions of such promotion at any time.
- Participation under this promotion is purely voluntary for the members.
- The decision of Etihad Guest will be final and binding under this promotion and no disputes will be entertained in this regard.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other transfer offer.